INUNDATED WITH INFORMATION ABOUT GDPR BUT STRUGGLING TO KNOW WHERE TO START?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) affects most small businesses – including sole traders and freelancers. The law has changed about how personal data can be collected, used, stored and shared.
If you don't have the right processes in place, you could be liable for a fine.
Does GDPR apply to your small business?
- Are you collecting information about individuals such as emaill address, postal address, name, IP address?
- Do you have a marketing mailing list?
- Do you send out e-newsletters?
- Do you have any kind of spreadsheet, database or software that holds personal details of people living in the UK or EU?
If so, you need to be aware of your obligations under GDPR. You can’t ignore this legislation, and a breach could prove expensive both in monetary terms but also your reputation could suffer.
I’m Lesley Cooley, a BCS qualified Data Protection Officer with over 15 years data protection experience. I’ve created a simple guide for small businesses that takes you through the legal minefield of GDPR and tells you simply what YOU need to do.
I guide you through the business basics;
- How and where the law applies to your business.
- What changes you must make NOW.
- When you are a ‘data controller’ or a ‘data processor’ – and what the difference is.
- How to make sure that your email marketing sticks to the rules.
- How long you can store information.
GDPR and Small Businesses
As a business owner myself looking at guidance about GDPR, I found the information available about GDPR over-complicated and confusing. Small business owners like you and I are busy enough without trying to detangle complicated legal terms and interpret regulations. We need simple, accurate and easy to use information.
So – I’ve stripped out all of the unnecessary jargon and made this training easy to understand and implement. I know you don’t have the time to wade through pages of legal speak so I’ve decoded the law for you and made it easy to find the parts that apply to your small business.
I’ve created a complete guide that doesn’t just quote the law, it explains what YOU have to do. I explain in simple terms how to implement GDPR into your small business, what you MUST do now and what will place you in the spotlight and in line for a fine.
WHAT YOU GET
The training is presented in bite-size chunks and I’ve created a set of documents you can take away and use in your business NOW.
- OVER 30 ‘How to’ videos.
- Clearly presented information about GDPR targeted to YOUR small business.
- Sample documents you can take away and use straight away.
- Customisable downloads that can be adapted to your own small business.
- A FREE Facebook Group.
We all know that legislation can change; I’ll also keep a close eye on any updates and news and keep adding useful information.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
All of this useful content and support for a one-off payment of £199.
Buy now and get the support and knowledge you need to be able to comply with the new data protection rules!
- Step 1 - Understanding Personal Information
- Step 2 - Collection Notices - Quiz
- Step 2 - Collection Notices - What to Include - PDF
- Step 3 - Data Audit
- Step 3 - Data Audit spreadsheet
- Step 4 - Data Controller
- Step 4 - Data Controller Obligations
- Step 5 - Data Processor
- Step 5 - Data Processors Obligations
- Step 6 - Lawful basis
- Step 7 - consent
- Step 7 - refreshing Consent - Email marketing and Segmenting your list
- Step 8 - Legitimate Interests
- Step 8 - Legitimate interest checklist
- Step 8 - Legitimate Interest Assessment
- Step 9 - Business to Business Communication
- Step 10 - Written Agreements
- Step 10 - Written Agreements Checklist
- Step 11 - cloud storage
- Step 11 - Cloud Storage checklist
- Step 12 - Subject Access Requests
- Step 13 - Avoiding a fine
- Step 14 - Data Sharing
- Step 15 - Data Protection Officers - Do you need one?